Sweeney Locations - a list

Sweeney locations discussion

Moderators: Smokin' Arches, kmpowell, Dr Phibes

Postby Dr Phibes on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:17 pm

Eastway wrote:I think you've missed my MOTG spot a little while ago as well!

http://www.thetvlounge.co.uk/sweeney/viewtopic.php?t=1424

Granted, it's not actually confirmed, but does reasonable confidence qualify?

:)

It is CONFIRMED Eastway. I was around there prior to the meet last week and can verify it is Lukey's house :thumbup:
Dr Phibes

Postby Eastway on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Nice one Doc, thanks :thumbup:

I didn't realise you'd gone there before the meet. You certainly do make good use of those early mornings!
On the crumbling city streets, working for tomorrow
Eastway
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Postby Dr Phibes on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Yes indeed. I'd have got photos too had I not attracted the attention of the neighbours. Looked a bit too suspect taking pictures of someones house in the dark, which was my intention - to recreate the scenes with Lukey & Charley Pierce returning home complete with cactus :wink:
Dr Phibes

Locations: 21 October 2009 (again)

Postby martinu on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:53 pm

Here's the next version of the list. I've added another location for Regan (Closing scene: Regan and Carter have a cup of tea before going for "a decent drink"). Thanks to Smokin' Arches for spotting that one ages ago. I don't know how it got missed off my list but it was a question today by Stax which prompted me to go back and check.

I've also added another location that I'd missed from earlier, for Messenger of the Gods (Lukey Sparrow's house). Thanks to Eastway for that.

Feel free to reply to this thread with any other locations for any episode. In particular there are "wanted locations" shown in green. See the Outstanding "wanted" locations thread for discussion about these.

List of locations: 21 October 2009
"The hairs on my wooden leg tell me that something is up." – Abduction
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Locations: 23 November 2009

Postby martinu on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 am

Here's the next version of the list. I've added another location for Feet of Clay (Erica Taylor's flat). Thanks to Eastway for spotting that one.

Sorry it's taken a while to upload this version of the list. I was staying at my girlfriend's house near York so I could go and see her in hospital (gallstones - painful :( ) and her internet connection wouldn't allow me to upload the file by FTP.

Feel free to reply to this thread with any other locations for any episode. In particular there are "wanted locations" shown in green. See the Outstanding "wanted" locations thread for discussion about these.

List of locations: 23 November 2009
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Locations: 3 January 2010

Postby martinu on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:53 am

Here's the next version of the list. I've added another location for Regan (Regan and Carter interview Miriam Lesley at the nightclub). Thanks to Euston for spotting that one. I've moved the location entries for Regan to the beginning of the list (before Ringer) since that's where it belongs chronologically; originally I put all the "specials" at the end of my list since they weren't part of the series.

There's an ongoing debate about the cricket ground in the opening scenes of Golden Boy. Is it The Oval or Lords? Until that's been resolved, I've marked the location as "needs further research".

List of locations: 3 January 2010
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Locations: 23 January 2010

Postby martinu on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:27 pm

There was a debate about the cricket ground in the opening scenes of Golden Boy. Is it The Oval or Lords? That's now been resolved (it's The Oval, as I thought all along!) so here's a slightly modifed version of the spreadsheet with the "needs clarification" flag removed.

List of locations: 23 January 2010
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Locations: 18 February 2010

Postby martinu on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 am

Here's the next version of the list. I've added locations for Bait (After the robbery, Vic Tolman and Lenny dump their bikes and escape with Lynn by car) and Sweeney 2 ("Police Highwood", where Jack meets Robert Soames for the first time). Thanks to Euston for spotting those two.

List of locations: 18 February 2010
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Locations: 1 May 2010

Postby martinu on Sat May 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Here's the next version of the list. I've added locations for Regan (Regan breaks the news about Cowley's death to his grandmother) and Jigsaw (Regan visits the nightwatchman and his daughter at home). Thanks to Euston for spotting this location which was used in both episodes.

List of locations: 1 May 2010
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Re: Locations: 1 May 2010

Postby martinu on Thu May 06, 2010 2:18 pm

martinu wrote:Here's the next version of the list. I've added locations for Regan (Regan breaks the news about Cowley's death to his grandmother) and Jigsaw (Regan visits the nightwatchman and his daughter at home). Thanks to Euston for spotting this location which was used in both episodes.

List of locations: 1 May 2010

I've corrected Glentham Avenue to Glentham Road in the list and I've added the DVD counter times for the places where the location appears.
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Re: Sweeney Locations - a list

Postby truckman020 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:33 pm

in the episode hit and run the part where ds carter arrests the bad guy who i think is played by tony caunter the car sales place where the arrest took place is cromwell rd kingston surrey,it was on the corner of hardman rd which is now a block of flats
truckman020
TV Lounge Member
TV Lounge Member

Postby martinu on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm

truckman020 wrote:in the episode hit and run the part where ds carter arrests the bad guy who i think is played by tony caunter the car sales place where the arrest took place is cromwell rd kingston surrey,it was on the corner of hardman rd which is now a block of flats

Thanks, truckman020, but I've actually already got that location:

Cromwells Auto Sales, Hardman Road, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey, England, UK | Croft's second-hand car garage | 3m 55s

Croft, the baddie, was played by Patrick Troughton, not Tony Caunter.
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Postby Harvest Gold MG on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Kingston upon Thames?
That seems off the beaten track for a Sweeney location.
Nick 'im an' all
Harvest Gold MG
TV Lounge Aficionado
TV Lounge Aficionado

Locations: 30 June 2010

Postby martinu on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 am

Here's the next version of the list. I've added a location for Supersnout (After meeting Quirk, Regan and Carter go 'full steam ahead for the great white whale'). Thanks to Euston for spotting this location.

I've also added Google Maps links for all the locations in Supersnout, most for Jackpot and a couple for Thin Ice and Queen's Pawn.

List of locations: 30 June 2010
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

Locations: 20 July 2010

Postby martinu on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Here's the next version of the list. I've added a location for Big Spender (Charley Smith's scrapyard). Thanks to newcomer Mal Green for spotting this location.

List of locations: 20 July 2010
martinu
TV Lounge Senior Member
TV Lounge Senior Member

PreviousNext

Return to Locations